Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bottle Cap Magnets



  I guest posted on Down This Road Designs blog last week, so I thought I'd share this post with all of you.  I made these fun bottle cap magnets using Down This Road Designs adorable February Mix A Kit.

“Tweet Love Elements” and “Tweet Love Patterns” (pictures linked below) were both used in making this project.

 

Why should you make these you ask?
1. They are so fun and addicting to make
2. They make great inexpensive gifts
3. They are so easy to make, even the crafty challenged can do it
4. They beautify your fridge
5. It gives you a great excuse to buy Down This Road Designs adorable kits, and make more!!!



I really enjoyed making these fun bottle cap magnets. It’s a pretty easy process. I made these bottle cap circles in Photoshop and printed them  on thick white cardstock (or you can print them out on a piece of 4″ x 6″ photo paper). Make sure the ink has plenty of time to dry. Use a 1″ hole puncher and stamp out the circles. Glue or ModPodge them to the bottlecap. Let it dry thoroughly. If you are familiar with how to use Epoxy Resin, follow the directions on the package. But if you want an easy way to do it, buy the raised epoxy scrapbooking stickers and place on top of the artwork . Lastly, I glued on a Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet on the back with E-6000 glue. Once again, make sure it has plenty of time to dry. Easy right?

0 Little Bit People Said...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you :)