Wednesday, February 1, 2012

English Muffin Loaves



2 pkgs. dry yeast
6 c. flour
1 T. sugar
2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
2 c. milk
1/2 c. water
Cornmeal

Combine 3 c. flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and soda in a mixing bowl.  Heat liquids until very warm, add to dry mixture; beat well.  Stir in rest of flour to make a stiff batter.  Spoon into two loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkle with cornmeal.  Sprinkle tops with cornmeal.  Cover; let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.  Bake at 400 degrees f. for 25 minutes.  Remove from pans immediately and cool.  To serve, slice and toast. Makes about 16 slices per loaf.

English Muffins. Oh how I love the buttery toasted pieces of goodness. :)
This is something that I just can't bring myself to buy in the store up here in Alaska. Yikes!  

I found this recipe in one of my moms ward {church} cookbooks.  I'm so glad I tried this.  It is WONDERFUL!  I will never buy English Muffins at the store again!
Enjoy!

0 Little Bit People Said...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you :)